Sunday, October 11, 2009

4 month check up

Ruby had her 4 month check up on Friday. She weighed 13 lbs 12 oz and was 26.75 inches long, which still puts her at around 50th percentile for weight and 95th percentile for height. The pediatrician said that we need to start transitioning her out of the cosleeper and into her own crib at night, and that we need to start setting a bedtime routine. Ruby has gotten into the habit of being nursed to sleep, and while she can fall asleep on her own for naps, she won't go to sleep at night unless she's nursing. We fell into the habit in an effort to have her eat as much as possible before going to bed so that she would sleep for longer through the night. I don't mind nursing her to sleep, but I guess it's supposed to be a bad habit for when she gets older. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be very good at breaking her of this habit because alas, I am weak, and I cannot resist this:

2 comments:

Yue-yue said...

I can tell Ruby will be a tall just like us.:)

Anonymous said...

be strong, shuyi -- you can do it.

p.s. i love her cheeks!