Thursday, January 28, 2010

Top 5 Mommy Moments

#5 - These days as Ruby is falling asleep, she likes to gently stroke my hand.

#4 - Sometimes she will give me a big sloppy kiss complete with a *smack* sound at the end.

#3 - If I show up while someone else is holding her, she will sometimes lunge her whole body towards me to get me to pick her up.

#2 - When she is tired or a little scared, she'll rest her head on my chest and grip tightly at my shirt.

#1 - I am getting more and more convinced that she is purposefully saying, "Ma-ma!" She has been making the "ma" sound since she was 4 months old, but at first I'm pretty sure she couldn't connect it with any meaning. Recently I've been noticing a definite correlation between me entering the room and her saying "Ma-ma." In the last few days there have been a few times when she has said it very clearly, not in a "ma-ma-ma-ma-ma" babbling sort of way, but a very distinct "Ma-ma" just like an adult would say it. It always correlated with her being hungry and wanting to be picked up. For example, one time it was when she woke up in the morning and saw me for the first time. Another time was when she wanted to eat but I had to pee first. I never felt so bad for peeing in my life.

1 comments:

Yue-yue said...

Bloody show off a! Admire~~