Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Family in town

Last weekend my mom, aunt, and grandmother came to visit. My grandmother had been staying with my parents in Philadelphia for the past 9 months. It was her first time in the U.S., her first time seeing the home where I grew up, and the first time in over 20 years that she and my mom got to spend more than a few weeks of continuous time together. She decided to go back to China for a bit because she knew that my mom wanted to come out here for a while after the baby is born, and she didn't want my mom to have to take care of all of us at the same time. My grandmother was very excited to have four generations all in the same place, even though one of them is still in my tummy.


While they were visiting, my mom had her birthday, so I baked her a ginger bundt cake.






She's 53, but people keep saying she looks like she's in her 30s and that we look like we could be sisters. They also say that my grandmother and my mom look like they could be sisters. I guess that means my grandmother and I could be sisters.




Here we are sending my grandmother and aunt off back to China.




0 comments: