Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas tree

Today we put up our first family Christmas tree. Ruby helped.



Steve and I have never spent the holidays at home as we usually go east to my parents' place, so we've never done any real Christmas decoration. We do have a small, pitiful, table-top tree that I was going to set out, but then I realized that this is Ruby's first Christmas and time to start our family holiday traditions. So yesterday we went to Target and bought all of the basics in tree decoration. As is expected, our tree currently looks like a smaller version of a department store Christmas tree, as we have yet to accumulate the various knick-knacks, widgets, and whatsits that adorn most family Christmas trees. (For example, many of the ornaments on my parents' tree are not meant to be ornaments at all but are instead key chains, car air freshners, or several-decade-old candy.) But I guess we have to start somewhere!

Here is the finished product:

1 comments:

Yue-yue said...

Sofa! Cute baby and X'mas tree. Now I see where you can put my gift for Ruby. It should arrive in a couple of days.