Monday, July 25, 2011

Five years later

On Saturday Steve and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary. I often wonder, are we so old that we've been married FIVE years and have a 2-year-old child? Then I remember that we got married when I was 22 and Steve 25. When I think of a 22 year old these days it seems SO young, but there I was, getting married.


For those of you who weren't there, we got married on the 40th floor balcony of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in downtown San Francisco. It was one of the warmest summer days I have ever seen in the 6 years I have lived in San Francisco. And it was one of the most beautiful, fun, and perfect days of my life.


On Saturday for the first time in 5 years, we returned to the Mandarin Oriental and snuck back up to the 40th floor.



The doors to the balcony are always locked except during special events, so we didn't expect we would be able to go outside.



Just as we were about to leave, a uniformed building engineer named Steve appeared like magic and unlocked the doors for us.









It was around 5:30pm, 5 years to the hour that we were married. Everything was just as I remembered it, except for our Plus One.



0 comments: