Saturday, December 1, 2012

Belated Halloween

I am woefully backed up with holidays due to serious blog neglect, but I just wanted to get on the record that this happened:


Some of you may recognize this as the reincarnation of another little cow from days gone by.


Since Ruby and Lucy's birthdays are so close together, they are nicely age matched for holidays and special events.  In an effort to reuse this Halloween costume, I artfully steered Ruby in the direction of a Western themed costume.  When I initially asked Ruby what she wanted to be for Halloween, she said a horse.  I really wanted to steer clear of large, bulky costumes for Ruby for fear that she would change her mind about wearing it at the last minute due to discomfort, fear of horses, etc.  Now that she's older, costumes that are most similar to normal clothes seem to work the best.

Mommy:  What do you want to dress up as for Halloween this year?
Ruby:  I want to be a horse.
Mommy:  ....  You want to be a horse girl?
Ruby:  Yeah, a horse girl!
Mommy:  Oooh, like a cow girl!
Ruby:  No.  A horse girl.

So this is how we revived our Western-themed Halloween from 3 years ago.

2009:



2012:


0 comments: