Thursday, May 28, 2009

Spa day

To celebrate being 39 weeks pregnant, Steve and I went to the Nob Hill Spa to get massages.


It was super relaxing. We got a coupon which upgraded our 50 min. massages to 80 min., but I wouldn't have minded if when it was over they started from the beginning and did the whole thing again. The spa also had a pool and a hot tub (which I only put my feet in). We discovered that I am still buoyant, and Steve is still not.

At 39 weeks, I feel like I've reached my maximum allowable girth.


I still have no obvious signs of labor, but I am getting a bit more anxious about the process, as it could literally begin at any moment. Maybe I should stop watching A Baby Story while I'm home during the day. I feel like I need another session with our childbirth class instructor to rebuild my confidence about labor. She made it almost sound like fun! Also, at the time we took the class, it all seemed like something in the future. Now it's an imminent, extremely painful experience. I'm already getting a little peeved that everyone else just gets to enjoy the baby, while I have to do all the work! Steve thinks it will be painful for him as well because he foresees me physically injuring him during labor.

2 comments:

riverie said...

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great! Steve's pain will be a small price to pay -- you can't go through all that alone! ;)

RickiTickiTavi said...

I've been thinking about you a lot lately!! Good luck-I'm sure everything will go smoothly with as little injury to Steve as possible :)